Wednesday, March 23, 2011

So another week has gone by but there really isn't much to update. Aside from feeling a little extra sleepy and forgetful I don't really have any pregnancy symptoms and my first appointment still isn't until next week. I read somewhere that pregnancy hormones can make your nails grow faster so I have decided (for the umpteenth time) to grow out my nails.

Whenever I decide to do this I always start out super into it but I really do have a good feeling about it this time. I had just been applying a clear polish every day that is supposed to also help grow nails as well. However, whenever my nails get a certain amount of white I feel the need to but solid polish on because otherwise I want to clean them 5,000 times a day. Technically I know short nails get dirt under them but it just looks different. So I bought a shade today, since I don't actually own polish, that was I was hoping to be a pretty, pinkish nude tone but I don't like the way it looks on. I also bought some cuticle cream that I am really excited about.

Obviously my life is pretty boring if I am blogging about nail polish. Going to Rite Aid to buy it was super exciting and the highlight of my day. Even with two jobs I am only working 2 or 3 days a week and only for a couple hours at a time. I have been applying to jobs like crazy and am really hoping to get one asap. Initially I was hopin to get one before my first trimester ends, which gives me another 4 weeks or so. On top of that we haven't been too social becuase its just easier with us not telling friends. St. Patricks's Day was exhausting especially with having to lie about why I wasn't drinking. I think depending on how things go at my appt next week we may start telling friends even though we'll only be 9 weeks. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

3 comments:

  1. you didn't lie to me! :P
    I wish i knew about this blog sooner- I've been very curious about you!

    how are the nails?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh - I made it a whole month and then right when the progress wasn't as noticeable I was bedridden for a day and then on a very lazy vacation for a week. Being busy is an important part of not biting/picking nails, at least for me. It took at least a week for them all to come off but really, once one breaks I always feel defeated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good try anyway, with the nails.

    Also, I like that you blogged about the nail polish. I go through very similar thought patterns whenever I think I can try to stop biting my nails. (This never lasts for more than a day. I have a real habit.) I think to myself, "if I only owned nail polish..."

    I don't usually follow through to the point where I go out and buy some. Part of the reason is that I wouldn't know which color to choose. (Mostly it's because I lose interest in this inner squabble.) On the extremely rare occurrence that I do make the effort, the color I finally break down and choose never comes out the way I imagined it. And then I'm stuck because I forgot to buy nail polish remover.

    ReplyDelete