Sunday, March 13, 2011

Buying baby stuff

This weekend we did a little bit of baby shopping. Although it certainly isn't necessary yet, we are both so excited it helps to get some of the pent up energy out of our systems. I think it also helps to make things feel more real. I still don't have a lot of pregnancy symptoms which I mostly think is lucky but sometimes I wished I felt more pregnant. I have been feeling more tired, and I have turned into a total flake.

So back to shopping. Our first stop was Kohl's since I had gotten a gift card for my birthday. They had some maternity clothes on clearance so I scooped some up. Being due in November means I am going to need both summer and fall clothes and I figure if I slowly start buying clothes now it won't seem as expensive as if I were to wait until I actually needed them. I bought a pair of shorts, a pair of jean capris, a pair of regular jeans, a pair of tan corduroys, two 3/4 sleeve shirts, a lightweight cardigan and one slightly heavier cardigan. That's 8 pieces of clothing that would have cost us $300 if we had bought it all a full price. We only paid $65! We also opened a Kohl's card while we there and our cashier put our total on the card before we were able to tell her we had a gift card. She offered to redo it but it seemed like a hassle, and so this week I think I may scope out another Kohl's to see what they have on clearance.

Next we went to a Border's that was closing, hoping to score some books, but surprisingly the entire children's department had been sold. At least books for the littleist kids. I found one baby book, one of the ones that has just one word and matching picture per page. So that was a bust, but at least we still have plenty of time before we need any of this.

For my birthday I also bought some yarn for baby items, so hopefully soon I will have a baby knitting update!

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty curious how being pregnant has turned you into a flake. Is it because you are more tired so turning down invitations? Or more along the lines of you don't want people to guess that you're pregnant if you aren't drinking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not flaking on other people, flaking in general. Like forgetting my giant pad of paper that I use for presentations at a school and didn't realize until the morning of another presentation and I had to buy one last minute. Or stepping on my glasses and breaking them because I forgot I dropped them. Going to another presentation but leaving a DVD I needed at home. I have an endless list of things I have forgotton in the last three weeks. Apparently this is normal.

    ReplyDelete