Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekends!

We have been very busy here the past couple of weekends.  Two weekends ago, I went to New York to see my cousin Sara on Saturday and my friend Danielle on Sunday.  I didn't take any photos on Saturday but we went shopping, walked through Central Park, and ate at an excellent Italian Restaurant on the Upper West Side.  I also finally got to meet her boyfriend (he's great!) and hang out in her apartment. The only thing I didn't get to do was see her yarn bombs since they were gone but we did a lot of knitting talk.  

Sunday Danielle and I went to Coney Island for a couple hours which was great.  We walked along the boardwalk, listened to some awesomely bad karaoke, ate a lot of food, and went on two rides.  Luckily we didn't go on the roller coasters, because I was unaware that they are one of the many things pregnant ladies are supposed to abstain from.  The ferris wheel was definitely safe, and the second ride was ok, but I probably wouldn't go on it again pregnant.  Here are some photos from the Wonder Wheel:









This past weekend we painted our bedroom and the den and probably some time next week we'll start painting the nursery.  Friday we did the ceilings and primer in both rooms.  Saturday we finished the bedroom completely and just had to do the second coat of cutting in on the den.  Sunday Paul-John had a shooting match in the morning and afternoon, and I wanted him to do the final touch-ups on the edges just because he is so much better at it than I am.  By Sunday night he was able to do the touch-ups in the den and we put the bedroom back together, but the den is still a little crazy looking.  

Photo below is more color accurate than photo above.  



In baby news, I had my follow-up ultrasound today and they were able to get the view of the heart they needed.  I also found out that my placenta is anterior, which explains why I have been feeling some movement but not a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment